Schengen* Visa Application Procedure
All third country nationals who are subject to visa obligation in order to enter the Schengen States are required to come personally to the embassy or consulate of the destination country or, in case they are planning to visit more than one country, the one of the first entrance i. e. the one that is their main destination.
Croatian citizens do not need a visa to enter in Schengen States for short stays (maximum of 90 days per 180 day period).
To apply for Schengen Visa, applicants must fill-in and personally sign the Schengen visa application form [pdf, 116.38k] accompanied by the following documentation:
- A passport valid at least three months beyond the expiry date of the visa requested;
- Two recent passport photos;
The original and copy of:
- Travel insurance of at least 30.000,00 €, valid for all Schengen States and covering emergency medical care and possible expenses in case of repatriation for medical reasons;
- A formal obligation from your host in Germany („Verpflichtungserklärung“) or proof of economic means of support to cover the stay (e.g. credit cards, travellers’ cheques, cash in convertible currency, ban statements or payslips for the last 3 months);
- If necessary, roof of accommodation (e.g. hotel reservations, vouchers);
- If necessary, supporting documents regarding the purpose of visit (e.g. letter of invitation in case of participation in international meetings, seminars, sport events);
- Documentation proving the social-professional status of the applicant (proof of employment, study certificate, etc.);
- Visa fee: 60 € or 35 € (reduced), to be paid upon application (Please note that if application for visa is rejected, this fee will NOT be reimbursed).
Please note that embassies/consulates reserves the right to request additional documentation, as needed, for the visa application.
*Schengen countries: 22 EU member states (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden) + Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein.